Odd sounds in the woods.

I'm in the Blairsville/Young Harris area and very close to the NC border. The occult activity in thus area is high from what I'm told. I have no state property near me all private property.
Blood mountain isn't far from me at all. Supposedly the Cherokee and Creek would fight between blood and slaughter mountain? There are people who say if you go up blood mountain you can hear screams at night. Could be a Mt. Lion? Some say it's more like a BF scream or howl?
ah you up there in the sticks.....lol...... spotty cell service and no GPS....directions given out like "bring a buckeye with ya....for later use..... come down main street for half a mile. when ya get to the magik circle go around it three times, stop and bury the buckeye under the oak tree in the middle for luck... used to be a red light there but we done got modern and they put in a , i believe you city folks call it a roundabout?... thought they woulda paved the road first, but anyways, after burying the buckeye go back into town and follow the signs for possum holler. turn left on bucksnort (or buckshot, depending on who you get directions from, wood sign and the last part is kinda faded.) go until you see the buzzards circling old man jennings farm............

ive camped and hiked up there quite a lot in quite a few places between blood and slaughter mountain... i think the screams are just RANGER trainees from Camp Merrill.....lol.... see the occasional bear but thats about it.... cool place to hike though...the beginning of the appalatchian trail.

ah you up there in the sticks.....lol...... spotty cell service and no GPS....directions given out like "bring a buckeye with ya....for later use..... come down main street for half a mile. when ya get to the magik circle go around it three times, stop and bury the buckeye under the oak tree in the middle for luck... used to be a red light there but we done got modern and they put in a , i believe you city folks call it a roundabout?... thought they woulda paved the road first, but anyways, after burying the buckeye go back into town and follow the signs for possum holler. turn left on bucksnort (or buckshot, depending on who you get directions from, wood sign and the last part is kinda faded.) go until you see the buzzards circling old man jennings farm............

ive camped and hiked up there quite a lot in quite a few places between blood and slaughter mountain... i think the screams are just RANGER trainees from Camp Merrill.....lol.... see the occasional bear but thats about it.... cool place to hike though...the beginning of the appalatchian trail.

Yep! I'm in the stix for sure! I like it here. I work part time at a gun shop so I've gotten to know all the local LEOs from here to Hiawassee. Very safe area with lots of local lore and history I'm still learning.

I remember getting directions like that when I moved to rural Tennessee. Someone gave me directions of "turn on the road where the barn used to be." I was like "Unless that barn was taken down within the past 3 days, I have no clue what your talking about."

There was also "Take the unmarked road between the trees" which was absolutely terrifying. The main road ran along the base of the hill so there was a steep incline going up one side and a steep drop off on the other. There was an actual, paved road that would safely get you down The drop off, but there was no sign to tell you it was there and because of the angle of decent you couldn't actually see the road unless you were already turned and driving on it. The only visible markers were two trees that were on either side of the road. So basically, to turn on that road, you had to know it was there and of all the trees along the side of the main road you had to turn in between the right two that were spaced exactly one road width apart.

I remember getting directions like that when I moved to rural Tennessee. Someone gave me directions of "turn on the road where the barn used to be." I was like "Unless that barn was taken down within the past 3 days, I have no clue what your talking about."

There was also "Take the unmarked road between the trees" which was absolutely terrifying. The main road ran along the base of the hill so there was a steep incline going up one side and a steep drop off on the other. There was an actual, paved road that would safely get you down The drop off, but there was no sign to tell you it was there and because of the angle of decent you couldn't actually see the road unless you were already turned and driving on it. The only visible markers were two trees that were on either side of the road. So basically, to turn on that road, you had to know it was there and of all the trees along the side of the main road you had to turn in between the right two that were spaced exactly one road width apart.
had directions once of "go till the road turns dirt and then another couple miles to the red rock at the trail...thats our driveway then just follow it through the woods a ways to the house.....".......
this is georgia, every rock/boulder is red with georgia clay...couldnt they have painted it blue or something....lol

had directions once of "go till the road turns dirt and then another couple miles to the red rock at the trail...thats our driveway then just follow it through the woods a ways to the house.....".......
this is georgia, every rock/boulder is red with georgia clay...couldnt they have painted it blue or something....lol

Ever hear this?

The drone thing would be cool. I got 1 small drone just to play with the dogs. It was on sale on Amazon for 25-35 bucks. I'm not a tech guy and have no real use for a drone. So the investment wouldn't be worth it. That said I drop money on other things I never use....lol!
My metal detector was a great buy though. It's I've used it way more than I thought.