Food I Miss From When I Was a Kid....

I used to love my moms fried liver and onions. My husband would never eat that, so I haven't had it since I was a kid.
My mum loves that too, seems the ladies like it but I'm afraid I'm on your husband's side, lol. I've tried liver, heart, kidneys, brains and tripe. The heart was the worst for me.;vo

Is there a food from your childhood you'd like to be able to get today? Can be something homemade, store bought, or a particular item you remember from a restaurant.

To your knowledge, is that food item available today? If so, have you tried it as an adult?
i miss a lot of cali foods here in florida. its wierd as a kid i thought we all ate the same stuff. then i found out each state has its food so now i want to try everything but i miss my tortillas. they make them very different here and i dont like it LOL

Burger Chef was going to be one of my favorites as well. The chain was bought by Hardee's, who still owns the rights to the BC menu. Every few years, Hardee's run a promotion where for a limited time they sell "Big Chefs." Last one I remember was a year or two before COVID hit. We called ahead and ordered 25 of them, had a few then froze the rest. They lasted several months before we finished them.

There is also a local burger place in Charleston, WV called Suzi's that is a latter day Burger Chef. It's in an old BC building, and they have the full BC menu, although for legal reasons they use different names for individual items. For example, the "Big Chef" is simply called the "Double Decker," the "Super Chef" is the "Super Burger." We stopped there during our Mothman/Bigfoot/Flatwoods Monster museums tour of WV last year. My buddy and I both agreed the food was how we remembered it from BC as kids.
Logo.

Attachments

• IMG_6707.png
    IMG_6707.png
    2 MB · Views: 8