Food I Miss From When I Was a Kid....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Is there a food from your childhood you'd like to be able to get today? Can be something homemade, store bought, or a particular item you remember from a restaurant.

To your knowledge, is that food item available today? If so, have you tried it as an adult?

Frozen bananas on a stick, dipped in chocolate and crushed peanuts. I remember watching a lady make them at a fair when about 8 and she looked at me and said, you are so adorable and gave me one for free ;bg2 . I went to the show at about 12, greasy hair and pimples and another lady making them told me to go away :confounded:, lol. I haven't seen these choc bananas since.

Frozen bananas on a stick, dipped in chocolate and crushed peanuts. I remember watching a lady make them at a fair when about 8 and she looked at me and said, you are so adorable and gave me one for free ;bg2 . I went to the show at about 12, greasy hair and pimples and another lady making them told me to go away :confounded:, lol. I haven't seen these choc bananas since.
I think… we still have those here stateside. In the frozen sec. Next time I will look and snap a pic.

There used to be a burger chain in the Virginias called “ Burger Chef”. As a kid, I loved them. Long since out of business. Pudding pops were good in the 80’s, long gone as well. Razzles were really good. They made a brief comeback in the early 2000’s but didn’t stay afloat…

There used to be a burger chain in the Virginias called “ Burger Chef”. As a kid, I loved them. Long since out of business. Pudding pops were good in the 80’s, long gone as well. Razzles were really good. They made a brief comeback in the early 2000’s but didn’t stay afloat…
Burger Chef was going to be one of my favorites as well. The chain was bought by Hardee's, who still owns the rights to the BC menu. Every few years, Hardee's run a promotion where for a limited time they sell "Big Chefs." Last one I remember was a year or two before COVID hit. We called ahead and ordered 25 of them, had a few then froze the rest. They lasted several months before we finished them.

There is also a local burger place in Charleston, WV called Suzi's that is a latter day Burger Chef. It's in an old BC building, and they have the full BC menu, although for legal reasons they use different names for individual items. For example, the "Big Chef" is simply called the "Double Decker," the "Super Chef" is the "Super Burger." We stopped there during our Mothman/Bigfoot/Flatwoods Monster museums tour of WV last year. My buddy and I both agreed the food was how we remembered it from BC as kids.

Burger Chef was going to be one of my favorites as well. The chain was bought by Hardee's, who still owns the rights to the BC menu. Every few years, Hardee's run a promotion where for a limited time they sell "Big Chefs." Last one I remember was a year or two before COVID hit. We called ahead and ordered 25 of them, had a few then froze the rest. They lasted several months before we finished them.

There is also a local burger place in Charleston, WV called Suzi's that is a latter day Burger Chef. It's in an old BC building, and they have the full BC menu, although for legal reasons they use different names for individual items. For example, the "Big Chef" is simply called the "Double Decker," the "Super Chef" is the "Super Burger." We stopped there during our Mothman/Bigfoot/Flatwoods Monster museums tour of WV last year. My buddy and I both agreed the food was how we remembered it from BC as kids.
Nice!!
In 1977 when Star Wars came out they had awesome posters from the movie. I had them. Great memories. As. 7 yr old, they were better than McDonalds! Next time, eat one for me!

Is there a food from your childhood you'd like to be able to get today? Can be something homemade, store bought, or a particular item you remember from a restaurant.

To your knowledge, is that food item available today? If so, have you tried it as an adult?
I miss my Grandmother's Home cooked meals :(
So many awesome foods to list ;)