Favorite Exercise?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

What do you do for exercise? How do you try to stay in shape?
Do you combine diet with it?
Biking? Hiking? Gym?

This is an actual pic of one of our members "back in the day" who won a few titles!
Do you know who this super fit guy is?
He's open to fitness questions so ask away!
20240418_152904.jpg
Paintman!

I've never seen him but it must be Paint? Move over Arnie. I walk the dogs a lot to keep fit now, I sort of look like Paintman but without the muscles and a little pot belly, lol. My biceps are almost as buff as Paint's fingers ;bg2 .

I like to go running early in the morning. There's a small lake near my house with a trail around it. One lap around the lake is 3 miles. One of my little pleasures in life is jogging along the lakeside as the sun rises. However I only get to do this during the summer. I don't have time to watch the sunrise when I've also got to get the kids to school. Also the weather is better for running in the summer, it's actually snowing at my house right now.

Fot the rest of the year I just do some stuff at home. Nothing fancy, I have some kettlebells and a pull up bar. I typically spend about 15-20 minutes in the morning doing some full body routines.

I walk 45-60 minutes a day. I used to run up to 5 miles a day through my late 30s/early 40s, but doing so destroyed my knees. Had my left knee scoped already, avoiding having the right done.

i go hiking a lot, kayak or canoe a lot, try to get a decent workout in 3 times a week, hit the bags for what cardio i get. also try to do most things the hard way....lol.... still use a push mower for a lot of the yard areas and such. diet wise i have fallen way down....lol.... dont eat candy but cakes, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, or turnovers dont stand a chance around me.... i only drink 1 coke or soft drink a day, just water or gatorade the rest of the day. i need to do better but yeah..it is what it is....lol

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
Could I ask Paint if he was naturally muscly as a young bloke or is it just a million hours of hard workouts?
Man, I was little. I loved sports but wasn't very good until finding the weight room. A ton of it is genetics. And you never know until you diet off the fat & water weight. And luckily I started on 3rd base when competing. For example, long muscle belly and small joints. That will create an illusion of size.

But the other side is diet. Some of my training partners were giants, and had pro cards. They could shed fat & water in 16 weeks, were it took me 6 months. So that was hard.

We also trained more like powerlifters. That gives the muscles a dense grainy look.

And the
Wild card secret weapon was the gym. It was a magical mix of people training for a purpose. Mr. Universes, pro wrestlers, minor league pitchers, semi pro football players, Fran the library lady,.... normal people. Everybody had a dream and there was lots of inspiration. It was also a very mellow gym. We support one another. No trash talk.

We'd go to the new Arnold movies together, have baseball games with rival gyms. Always eating together.