Favorite Exercise?

What do you do for exercise? How do you try to stay in shape?
Do you combine diet with it?
Biking? Hiking? Gym?

This is an actual pic of one of our members "back in the day" who won a few titles!
Do you know who this super fit guy is?
He's open to fitness questions so ask away!
View attachment 58406
Paintman!

Sasquatch! Right there! Damn… that’s a big dude!

Hmmmm. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_6971.png
    IMG_6971.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
And the
Wild card secret weapon was the gym. It was a magical mix of people training for a purpose. Mr. Universes, pro wrestlers, minor league pitchers, semi pro football players, Fran the library lady,.... normal people. Everybody had a dream and there was lots of inspiration. It was also a very mellow gym. We support one another. No trash talk.

We'd go to the new Arnold movies together, have baseball games with rival gyms. Always eating together.

that camaraderie is what i miss most, our gym was much the same. mix of people but we all became "family"... same as you describe, going out to eat, the movies, the beach, etc.... and even if someone had beef with another it was understood to get on the mat until you let it go..... and then all was good again...lol.... it does become a real "family" of sorts...

What do you do for exercise? How do you try to stay in shape?
Do you combine diet with it?
Biking? Hiking? Gym?

This is an actual pic of one of our members "back in the day" who won a few titles!
Do you know who this super fit guy is?
He's open to fitness questions so ask away!
View attachment 58406
Paintman!

Oh so THAT's what he looks like! Or looked like. Same thing. Time is only something our brains create to stop us from from going mad.

I've just started dieting and working out again. We have a Hydrow rowing machine and a Nordictrack,20lb dumbbells I use. Then as it gets hotter I'll use my old bodyarmor...30lbs+...and a backpack loaded with 40+lbs and walk a few miles up and down the steep hill in the backyard.
So far with diet and exercise change I've lost 30lbs in a bit under 2mo.
Diet is probably the most important atleast for me. I also no longer eat after 8pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
I've just started dieting and working out again. We have a Hydrow rowing machine and a Nordictrack,20lb dumbbells I use. Then as it gets hotter I'll use my old bodyarmor...30lbs+...and a backpack loaded with 40+lbs and walk a few miles up and down the steep hill in the backyard.
So far with diet and exercise change I've lost 30lbs in a bit under 2mo.
Diet is probably the most important atleast for me. I also no longer eat after 8pm.
I hurt myself lifting my Diet Pepsi today. OMG, K9! That's extreme workout mode!

I hurt myself lifting my Diet Pepsi today. OMG, K9! That's extreme workout mode!

Only 2 reasons I'm doing it. To live a long life with the wife and with the current events I see happening not just here,but worldwide I'm a bit concerned. I've never been a doom and gloom guy,but I see countries kicking US troops out in favor of Russia,South American countries allowing use and building of new sea ports for Russia and China to use,China is building or gonna be building jets in Venezuela. China has hacked into our water,power grids and who knows what else....it was in the news a few days ago. Then the global support for terrorism and people hating over religion, race,politics, ect. Crime is outta control here in the US. Then toss in the fact its an election year!
IMO...it's the recipe for the perfect storm! Hopefully I'm wrong,but I'd rather be prepared though.

Only 2 reasons I'm doing it. To live a long life with the wife and with the current events I see happening not just here,but worldwide I'm a bit concerned. I've never been a doom and gloom guy,but I see countries kicking US troops out in favor of Russia,South American countries allowing use and building of new sea ports for Russia and China to use,China is building or gonna be building jets in Venezuela. China has hacked into our water,power grids and who knows what else....it was in the news a few days ago. Then the global support for terrorism and people hating over religion, race,politics, ect. Crime is outta control here in the US. Then toss in the fact its an election year!
IMO...it's the recipe for the perfect storm! Hopefully I'm wrong,but I'd rather be prepared though.
I agree it's a very scary world out there right now. One of the other reasons we are relocating to be closer to the rest of our family. My hubs and I are totally reliant on our oxygen concentrators to stay alive. My son's house has a full emergency generator, and our new little house is 9 minutes from his in case of emergency and he's fully prepped out. It's scary being old in this day and age, I will be honest about that. I think keeping yourself healthy and fit is an excellent goal with all that is happening out there K9. Stick with it.