Your Favorite Art

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Those of you who know me well realize I can't draw a stick figure, but I am drawn to different kinds of art. I'm rather fond of Fantasy art and also enjoy some of the great art works out there.
Everything from classic paintings to Gargoyles on churches can get my attention and appreciation.
What type of art do you enjoy and do you have a favorite artist?
Do you create your own art?

So, Art as in paintings etc... Visual?

So, Art as in paintings etc... Visual?
Any art work.

One of my favorite paintings is :

John_William_Waterhouse_-_The_Lady_of_Shalott_-_Google_Art_Project_edit.jpg

Lady of Shalott, 1888
John William Waterhouse

I like the ancient hunting scenes of dogs from all around the world, mainly from Egypt with greyhound type dogs that are still virtually unchanged today.

drawing and painting are the core of my artwork but i do jump mediums and will try anything or form of art. love the classics and what can be learned from them. some amazing artists through time with an understanding of color theory and perception that few will ever reach... was big into fantasy art when younger, a phase most seem to go through with frazetta, vallejo and gieger being a few of the top in that field of style... from album covers to comics/graphic novels.... they had a big influence on me in the early years and is a style i still follow and practice for fun even today with quick "doodles" of just fun 20 minute stuff.... art is just a manipulation of colors and an understanding of how the eye sees the world. when combined with emotion or ones personality in that one few minutes of life is when it becomes something that stands out..

drawing and painting are the core of my artwork but i do jump mediums and will try anything or form of art. love the classics and what can be learned from them. some amazing artists through time with an understanding of color theory and perception that few will ever reach... was big into fantasy art when younger, a phase most seem to go through with frazetta, vallejo and gieger being a few of the top in that field of style... from album covers to comics/graphic novels.... they had a big influence on me in the early years and is a style i still follow and practice for fun even today with quick "doodles" of just fun 20 minute stuff.... art is just a manipulation of colors and an understanding of how the eye sees the world. when combined with emotion or ones personality in that one few minutes of life is when it becomes something that stands out..
I love Frazetta too.