The dinner plate...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I was talking with my son yesterday about strange habits. He does not like his food touching other food on his plate. Me? Slap it on there and we're good to go.

Are you, or someone you know, particular about how your food is served?

Another quirk here is hubs doesn't feel like his plate is "balanced" correctly unless he has three different food items on his plate. Makes me crazy when I try to serve a casserole!

Any strange food habits out there?

435707056_827683492738183_2173115838304895652_n.jpg

I was talking with my son yesterday about strange habits. He does not like his food touching other food on his plate. Me? Slap it on there and we're good to go.

Another quirk here is hubs doesn't feel like his plate is "balanced" correctly unless he has three different food items on his plate. Makes me crazy when I try to serve a casserole!

View attachment 58024
I went to lunch with a young actress on a film in Europe. All she would eat was potatoes. That is it. No meat nor fruit nor other vegetables. Just.....potatoes. She was a cute size back then. By now probably not so much...

I went to lunch with a young actress on a film in Europe. All she would eat was potatoes. That is it. No meat nor fruit nor other vegetables. Just.....potatoes. She was a cute size back then. By now probably not so much...
Have to admit that would make grocery shopping pretty easy...lol

Mrs Duke does not drink anything with her meals. Maybe a few sips of water or a cup of coffee after the meal, but nothing while she eating.
That would not work well for me but I know people who share that approach. I need my Diet Pepsi at hand at all times.

View attachment 58024
I’m like you Debs, whatever, Bring it on! Now, don’t think I’m gonna go drink a helluva lot of Beer then say, go eat some fruit loops cereal. Lol
Speaking of, one of my Ex’s couldn’t eat cereal with the milk in it. They had….to be separate.

I like certain foods to touch, and others not to. If having home-fries, eggs and breakfast meats, I don't mind of catsup comes in contact with the potatoes, but not on the eggs. When I was a kid, I was more picky about it. Mr. Garnet is still particular about having his veggies on the same plate; always has a separate dish for them.

And Duke, I don't like to drink with my food either; just a sip of water now and then, usually followed by tea after the meal.

I'll always have the meat or fish on the plate and eaten before I put the salad on. I don't like the dressing on the meat. If I have sauce or gravy on fries I'll put it in a bowl and dip the fries in so they don't get soggy.