Riddick 4

Ragnar0711

PNF Meme Assistant
Reaction score
Anyone a Riddick fan?
402967185_122107917788114380_2088462393713541912_n.jpg

loved pitch black....lots of cool fan theories for future directions of the franchise. be cool if some of them made cannon and were incorporated into the films

I loved Pitch Black as well. Hands down the best of the series. Chronicles of Riddick was better than i thought it'd be. I don't remember too much about Riddick, but watched being a fan.

Pitch Black was awesome.

Chronicles of Riddick was a bit of a let down.

I give the movie a lot of credit for going in a completely different direction and doing something new with the characters rather than being essentially a remake of the first film like sequels often do. But I feel they tried to do too much. There were a lot of interesting ideas that could have been expanded into their own full length films but instead were just set pieces in this one. I also wasn't a fan of the ending, it wasn't really right for the character.

I much preferred Riddick, the first act reminded me a bit of the first film in that Riddick is stuck on a deserted planet trying to survive, which seems more in line with the character. Then some unsavory folk show up and we get to see the human predator side of Riddick.

There was also an animated short film called Dark Fury that takes place right after Pitch Black that acts as a bit of a bridge between Pitch Black and Chronicles. It has small, but interesting story about the survivors after escaping the dark planet. There are also some great visuals for people who enjoy animation.

Vin Diesel also produced 2 Riddick video games. He did did the voice of the character and brought Cole Hauser in to reprise his role as Johns, along with hiring some talented Hollywood actors to do voice work. The stories takes place prior to the original movie. One where you play as Riddick trying to escape the prison planet Butcher Bay. Part way through the game Riddick gets the "shine job" operation on his eyes. The other game has Riddick fighting a group of mercenaries who capture and enslave people by turning them into mindless cybernetic drones; kind of like the Borg in Star Trek. The games are first person stealth shooters style of gameplay.

So to answer the question; yeah, I'm a bit of a Riddick fan.

Pitch Black was awesome.

Chronicles of Riddick was a bit of a let down.

I give the movie a lot of credit for going in a completely different direction and doing something new with the characters rather than being essentially a remake of the first film like sequels often do. But I feel they tried to do too much. There were a lot of interesting ideas that could have been expanded into their own full length films but instead were just set pieces in this one. I also wasn't a fan of the ending, it wasn't really right for the character.

I much preferred Riddick, the first act reminded me a bit of the first film in that Riddick is stuck on a deserted planet trying to survive, which seems more in line with the character. Then some unsavory folk show up and we get to see the human predator side of Riddick.

There was also an animated short film called Dark Fury that takes place right after Pitch Black that acts as a bit of a bridge between Pitch Black and Chronicles. It has small, but interesting story about the survivors after escaping the dark planet. There are also some great visuals for people who enjoy animation.

Vin Diesel also produced 2 Riddick video games. He did did the voice of the character and brought Cole Hauser in to reprise his role as Johns, along with hiring some talented Hollywood actors to do voice work. The stories takes place prior to the original movie. One where you play as Riddick trying to escape the prison planet Butcher Bay. Part way through the game Riddick gets the "shine job" operation on his eyes. The other game has Riddick fighting a group of mercenaries who capture and enslave people by turning them into mindless cybernetic drones; kind of like the Borg in Star Trek. The games are first person stealth shooters style of gameplay.

So to answer the question; yeah, I'm a bit of a Riddick fan.
what do you think of the fan theories of riddick being raised by a predator (Yautja) clan?? and bringing the character into the predator / alien universe??.... would that be a good crossover storyline, even if just used in a background, less in your face type of way.....

what do you think of the fan theories of riddick being raised by a predator (Yautja) clan?? and bringing the character into the predator / alien universe??.... would that be a good crossover storyline, even if just used in a background, less in your face type of way.....
I really like the idea as a standalone story, like in a limited run comic or animated film. There is a lot of potential for such a cross over given Riddicks childhood history and the lore surrounding yautja custom and culture. I don't think it would work as "official" Riddick cannon as it puts Riddick in all the same crossover worlds as the Predator, which includes our world. It would only be a matter of time before we get a Diesel vs Diesel showdown between Riddick and Dominic Toretto. But still I would love to see a Riddick-Predator crossover in some medium. After all the Predator has done worse:
1000001555.jpg

1000001556.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001555.jpg
    1000001555.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Haha
Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
It would only be a matter of time before we get a showdown between Riddick and Dominic Toretto.

Fast and furious 15, furious furyan......... Hey it could happen, they did go into space in F&F 8 or 9....lol

Last edited:
  • Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric and Lynne