Pop's Paranormal Powerpoint Art

The bulk of my actual rendering is done with a program called Daz Studio. However, my workflow also includes Hexagon, 3DCoat, Hitfilm, and either Adobe Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint ... and others on occasion. There are many websites with older models (10 or 20 years old) that are cheap or free and a lot can be done with them with retexturing. You might notice that is the same hallway model in both zombie images, but the hospital one was retextured to look nice.
daz studio is a good program, i also use photo shop, coral paint, blender, and a few others...make human was good at one time before it crashed....digital art is a cool medium with unlimited possibilities, especially if animation is a future goal.. keep posting, look forward to seeing more..

Reactions: mottorpop
Good day, today I thought I would make a nod towards all those ghost hunting shows where they take their equipment in and try to investigate a reportedly haunted area in hopes of having an image that allows for the discussion of the scientific end of things.
popcavehunting730.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
I have decided to do a short series of hauntings, maybe including an animation. The first in the series is an almost cartoonish stereotype of a haunted house ... take an old house, add an eerie light, and the ghost. This might be a good lead in slide for what a haunting is not or the difference between real and hollywoodized depictions.

pophollywoodghost730.jpg

Reactions: Paulm and 7Critter
I know art can be non bias and subject to various interpretations. When depicting paranormal subjects, even if just at the edge of thought, remember there is a human factor in there. If you want to capture or portray this, keep in mind there are people who have been traumatized or profoundly changed by their experiences. (Had to edit the bias part lol. Not enough coffee as yet.)

Last edited:
I know art can be bias and subject to various interpretations. When depicting paranormal subjects, even if just at the edge of thought, remember there is a human factor in there. If you want to capture or portray this, keep in mind there are people who have been traumatized or profoundly changed by their experiences.
Thank you. That is a good reminder. I would count myself as one of those changed by experience.

Although I could just go through the outline of my seminar, I try to handle it more on a question and answer basis ... so the topics are the choosing of the one being helped. Spiritual matters come up a lot. Paranormal, maybe not as much, but if I have that section ready, it will probably be useful.

Reactions: Selectric
I do not think I am quite satisfied with my first attempt at a haunting scene, but here it is. I am working on an animation I might have up tomorrow that I think is much more interesting. Getting a good see-through character has been a challenge. This goes with the theme that many hauntings occur where there has been a tragic accident or death.

popnuclearghost730.jpg

Reactions: Paulm and 7Critter
Getting a good see-through character has been a challenge.
build your character in a program where you can control the translucent levels and then import either the background to that program or import the character to the background program. has to be built in levels.

krita is a good free program if you dont use it yet, give it a try

krita is a good free program if you dont use it yet, give it a try
I can look into it, but I think you will see I had much better success on my second try (and learned a lot doing it) playing with shader and opacity maps.

Reactions: Paulm