One minute it's good for you and the next, nope!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I have learned, after all these years, to be cautious on believing something that is promoted as "good for you!" Sooo many things have changed over the years, I should be dead by now.

This one is about intermittent fasting, and it's fast being found not so good!

I've learned that I should do what I want, eat what I want, drink what I want, and just live my life.
Otherwise i'm allowing others to dictate my life for me. Live and be merry.

• Love it
Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I think people should eat when then hungry and quit when they feel full. We often eat for the wrong reasons such as stress, fun, celebrations etc. I think if we just listened to our bodies and ate when we needed to it would be the best. We are all going to die at some point anyway, we may as well be comfortable.

I became suspicious of reports like these years ago when it seemed like nobody could make up their mind on whether or not eggs were good for you or bad.

- Eggs are good for you because they contain protein!

- Eggs are bad for you because they have a lot of cholesterol!

- Eggs are good for you because they are full of "good" cholesterol!

I remember one study in particular which showed that people who ate more than 6 eggs a week had an average life span that was several years shorter than people who ate less than 6 eggs a week. It seemed kinda arbitrary so I did a bit of digging to see how the study was conducted. It turned out to be a phone survey and cause of death was not taken into consideration. So people who died of heart attacks were counted the same as those in car accidents or police/soldiers/fire fighters dying in the line of duty.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne