Nuthin' to eat...

I remember when i bought my first house but had little food. I had onions and potatoes only for a fortnight. My favorite was hash browns as we call them, grated potato fried in patties. I still make these when the cupboards empty.

I remember when i bought my first house but had little food. I had onions and potatoes only for a fortnight. My favorite was hash browns as we call them, grated potato fried in patties. I still make these when the cupboards empty.
I had a time of that menu as well, Oz. Was a long couple of months. Strangely, I still love them.

Lol, I can relate. Once upon a time, just cookware, butter, potatoes and beer....;)

I'm in the process of working through food in a small chest freezer before the move. We're gonna have some combo meals that may have never been eaten together before...lol

My wife does this to me sometimes. She buys odd cuts of meat because it's on sale then gets home and asks if I know what to do with it. It could be anything from shaved flank steak to pork neck. Other times it's some ingredient that she's just curious about. Like when my daughter was younger and saw a jar of capers at the store. She asked my wife what they were and how they tasted. My wife couldn't ever remember eating capers before so they got a jar figuring I would know what to do with them. She also starts a lot of conversations with "Do you know to cook [insert type of food or dish]" and 4 out of 5 times she has already bought the item and/or ingredients she thinks I would need.
I love it, she has a lot of faith in your food knowledge lol.