Halloween Props 4 Stix….

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
Let me introduce you to a 100% completely Organic prop. I just love….this dude. My original idea he had legs and more what I would call arms. He has real sticks and branches as his body and arms. His skull, I made that. Literally. If you haven’t noticed from my other scarecrows, I like movement with them. He is no exception. I hung strips of colored cheesecloth from the post to move with the wind. He is super creepy and is for sure one of my faves. He has been there so long, he has become nearly 100% natural, claimed by Mother Nature. Branches dont last forever so, I’m enjoying him while he’s here…..
I give you….. STIX.

Attachments

• IMG_5357.jpeg
    IMG_5357.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5358.jpeg
    IMG_5358.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5359.jpeg
    IMG_5359.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5360.jpeg
    IMG_5360.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5361.jpeg
    IMG_5361.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
I can see this being in any good horror movie. You do prop level work, Lon. Good enough to scare me on a dark night, for sure.
I think you give me too much credit but, Thank you :wink:

I used to make up props for Halloween and and Christmas, so thought i would add some black humour.
For many many years i have had bamboo spine where all the discs fuse together, so had to be careful not to fall over.
I'm a happy soul, so don't worry about my story.

On Halloween 2017, i bought a plastic pumpkin and skeleton to place outside our house so the local kids would call, trick or treating. In between then and Christmas, i found a discarded broken Little Tikes plastic summer house that i painted like a Christmas Grotto, and thought i would put a large Christmas display outside my house for Christmas!

I thought i might try something different, maybe the Grinch etc. Eventually i took the plastic pumpkin, made a hole underneath, took the head off the skeleton, and put the two together, i painted the new head white and black and ended up with Jack the Pumpkin King, i then made a sign with "Nightmare before Christmas", then it was ready to put out in the front garden, sitting on a plastic stool!

On the 8th January 2018, i was taking the decorations down, i took the plastic stool that Jack was sitting on, inside to wash, but without thinking sat on it, it split the stool, and i ended on the floor with spinal fluid oozing out, snapping my spine and ending up with paraplegia.

Moral of the real story is "Do not mess with Jack the Pumpkin King", he will get you Ha Ha!

I used to make up props for Halloween and and Christmas, so thought i would add some black humour.
For many many years i have had bamboo spine where all the discs fuse together, so had to be careful not to fall over.

On Halloween 2017, i bought a plastic pumpkin and skeleton to place outside our house so the local kids would call, trick or treating. In between then and Christmas, i found a discarded broken Little Tikes plastic summer house that i painted like a Christmas Grotto, and thought i would put a large Christmas display outside my house for Christmas!

I thought i might try something different, maybe the Grinch etc. Eventually i took the plastic pumpkin, made a hole underneath, took the head off the skeleton, and put the two together, i painted the new head white and black and ended up with Jack the Pumpkin King, i then made a sign with "Nightmare before Christmas", then it was ready to put out in the front garden, sitting on a plastic stool!

On the 8th January 2018, i was taking the decorations down, i took the plastic stool that Jack was sitting on, inside to wash, but without thinking sat on it, it split the stool, and i ended on the floor with spinal fluid oozing out, snapping my spine and ending up with paraplegia.

Moral of the real story is "Do not mess with Jack the Pumpkin King", he will get you Ha Ha!

Sigh.............Damn. Horrible end to your season. Man, I hate to hear that. Life is so precious. This is a testament to not taking anything for granted. I love your display story tho. I'm the self proclaimed King of making something out of nothing! Lol. Thats a great movie. I saw the re-release of it in 3D about 10 years ago. It was like literally being inside the movie. Thanks for the Comment!

Thanks for sharing your Halloween story, sad to hear you had your own nightmare.