For The Stargate Fans

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
We have discussed Star Trek and Star Wars on site, so i figured we cannot ignore the other sci-fi juggernaut of Stargate. Were you a fan? Which shows or incarnations did you enjoy? Did you enjoy the fact the series was set in our time not some far flung future? Did you enjoy the movie more than the series? When the movie was released, i loved it. It had it's corny moments, but Kurt Russel and James Spader did great jobs as the leads. Were you bummed the proposed trilogy wasn't finished? When Showtime ran a series based off the movie, i did not get to see it until it began running on basic cable. I was hooked. I know many dropped off the bandwagon when SGU steamrolled Atlantis, but each show had their ups and downs. The cancellation of SGU marked the end of the franchise run. There is still talk of a filmed reboot or continuation of the storylines, but sadly, that is all it's been. There are comics and such that are advancing the franchise, but i have not got to read any of them. Are you ready for new Stargate or do you feel it needs to remain in the pasture? I have patiently waited for more. I'm not getting any younger ;bg2

When Stargate introduced ships into the series, i actually hated it. The show stood apart from Trek in that sense, but i have to admit, when they brought in the F304 (or BC-304 they were called both throughout the show) i was hooked. Badass!
1712137251449.png

The series is great! If you all want some good tv, I recommend it. This is one of my faves and idk why we haven’t talked about it before. It is well acted too. The storylines are well crafted with a crew that gels well tog. I love this series and I do believe I have seen all the episodes. It is way better than Battle Star Galactica and is on par with Star Trek for sure.

I loved the movies but really got into the series. I believe I saw them all. I was a huge fan of the series cast, but gotta admit Jack O'Neill was my fave. The replicator story line really freaked me out.