EVP recording equipment

Oigetit

Reaction score
Do you think that a computer with a very sensitive conference mic would record as well as a digital handheld recorder?

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
The best EVP recorder you can buy, IMO, is the Zoom H4n. It was designed as a "pocket recording studio" and has excellent built-in mics.

But yes, using a professional external mic will improve the performance of most low-end voice recorders. We've used Marantz pro mics with our Sonys and the difference is noticeable.

Shouldn't matter if its computer or recorder, a better mic is a better mic.

Thank you.
I can ask some seemingly "silly" questions sometimes. I have some mental disability from a motorcycle accident a few years ago and some things don't make as much sense to me than they used to. :)

No worries. My wife has some cognitive issues from a car accident concussion 4 years ago, and a stroke just last month, so I have infinite patience. If something I say doesn't make sense, just ask for clarification.

Nobody here will judge you. We are ALL here to help you in any way we can.

Another item you may want to look into is a Raudive diode. It is a mic coil but no diaphragm is attached to it so it only responds to spirit voices, nothing acoustic will be picked up by it. Digital Dowsing (Bill Chappell's company) sells one for under $40 that will work with any recorder with a 3.5mm audio input.

We like to put the diode on one channel of a recorder, and an acoustic mic on the other channel, to keep everything in context and sync'd.

Reactions: Lynne and Oigetit
That sounds very intetesting. Digital Dowsing is where my spirit box came from. I like his stuff. Gotta look into that.

CORRECTION:
I did not get my spirit box from Bill Chappel. I went to Ghost Augustine for it.

No worries, I didn't think Bill made one. But the Ghost Augustine one is nice because it records. We just run an EVP recorder or NV camera at the same time.

The traditional SB-7 and SB-11 units are the Gary Galka design, if memory serves.

No worries, I didn't think Bill made one. But the Ghost Augustine one is nice because it records. We just run an EVP recorder or NV camera at the same time.

The traditional SB-7 and SB-11 units are the Gary Galka design, if memory serves.
I think you are correct about Gary Galka