Eclipse Watch

Scientists issue warning over this month's total solar eclipse​

Years ago, I met a girl at a summer camp. She had gone blind during an eclipse. A year later, she was being prayed for at church and her sight returned. I used to have the article from the paper on that and will see if I can find it. She was from here in Indiana.
Believe it or not, I found that article today as I was packing old scrapbooks.

Her name was Ann Turner and she lived in Tipton, IN. She was 15 when this happened so I'm pegging that eclipse as the March, 1969 one by age. We attended a week at a summer camp and she and I became friends as we bunked in the same cabin. That would have been the summer of 1970. The article is readable if you enlarge the photo.

20240405_130116.jpg

Believe it or not, I found that article today as I was packing old scrapbooks.

Her name was Ann Turner and she lived in Tipton, IN. She was 15 when this happened so I'm pegging that eclipse as the March, 1969 one by age. We attended a week at a summer camp and she and I became friends as we bunked in the same cabin. That would have been the summer of 1970. The article is readable if you enlarge the photo.

View attachment 57852
That's awesome she got her sight back :D

Has anyone noticed their pets acting weird? My two have begun to behave oddly even though we aren't in the eclipse yet. I am seeing them tracking invisible objects across the ceiling, as well as personality changes.

Has anyone noticed their pets acting weird? My two have begun to behave oddly even though we aren't in the eclipse yet. I am seeing them tracking invisible objects across the ceiling, as well as personality changes.
Nope. Cats bouncing off the walls as usual. Cats are highly intuitive. Ours do that sometimes. They will watch part of a wall intently. I know you already know that.

Nope. Cats bouncing off the walls as usual. Cats are highly intuitive. Ours do that sometimes. They will watch part of a wall intently. I know you already know that.
Yes, although this time they are both doing it. I am always on the lookout for odd animal behavior, especially with this approaching eclipse. There has been a cat or two yowling in our back yard at night. We have lived here for four years and never had cats yowling back there.

Yes, although this time they are both doing it. I am always on the lookout for odd animal behavior, especially with this approaching eclipse. There has been a cat or two yowling in our back yard at night. We have lived here for four years and never had cats yowling back there.
We've had the bulldog staring at the wall again. Whenever she does that I always say "hi" to whoever may be dropping in to check on us. She just started this up again two days ago. We'll see how long this lasts.