Easter Memories

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

What was Easter like for you as a child?
Did you get a basket, dye eggs, attend church, have family get- togethers?

Share some childhood memories with us this weekend!

I still have my childhood basket. We used the same one every year. We always got a stuffed animal and of course chocolate. Some of the hard-boiled eggs we colored were usually put in there too. Then we would go to church and later to one of the grandparents' houses for an early easter dinner.

JELLY BEANS!!!!!! Those Pink or yellow Peeps!!! Chocolate covered marshmallow eggs, dying the eggs (although I never ate boiled eggs cuz, that’s just yucky!) and an occasional Easter egg hunt, which I always did pretty well at.

Easter when I was a child. Wow, haven't thought about that in a very longggggg time.
Thank you Debi for the reminder.
My Grandparents were Awesome! Always loved...The baskets were HUGE! to my recollection :D
Filled with stuffed animals, candy, and small puzzles :D Easter Sunny after the early morning fun we would all dress in our best and head of to Church. The afternoon was filled with relatives popping to visit and games for the kids in the backyard. One particular year, (i must have been 5) we went out front to look for eggs and I saw a large bunny footprint near the maple tree, right foot. Now I'm guessing my older brother or other family set that up lol. It worked! :D
Thanks again Debi for the reminder, the memories brought me to tears :D

I remember loving the pastel candy covered Jordan almonds. We also got baskets, filled with that fake green grass, and jelly beans of all colors, we died eggs, and there was always little foil wrapped chocolate eggs, and one huge chocolate bunny. The peeps of course, and usually a special dinner.

Easter when I was a child. Wow, haven't thought about that in a very longggggg time.
Thank you Debi for the reminder.
My Grandparents were Awesome! Always loved...The baskets were HUGE! to my recollection :D
Filled with stuffed animals, candy, and small puzzles :D Easter Sunny after the early morning fun we would all dress in our best and head of to Church. The afternoon was filled with relatives popping to visit and games for the kids in the backyard. One particular year, (i must have been 5) we went out front to look for eggs and I saw a large bunny footprint near the maple tree, right foot. Now I'm guessing my older brother or other family set that up lol. It worked! :D
Thanks again Debi for the reminder, the memories brought me to tears :D
You are welcome. Happy memories, Ragz. Love the idea of the bunny footprint!

I used to hate the whites of hard boiled eggs, when I was a kid. Even now I don't like the sensation of biting into a boiled egg, and will usually cut it in half first.