Behind the Scenes, Secrets of the Skinwalker Ranch

Thanks Critter. I just didn't want the other thread hijacked, lol.
I have loaded some behind-the-scenes Skinwalker shots and will be sizing them for this thread. Stay tuned!

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
Thanks Critter. I just didn't want the other thread hijacked, lol.
I have loaded some behind-the-scenes Skinwalker shots and will be sizing them for this thread. Stay tuned!
Thanks GW, we are so lucky to have the inside scoop.

• Love it
Reactions: 7Critter
Thanks, Lynne. I tell people it was my "Make-A-Wish", lol.

A few to start with. The largest scope I took to the ranch, a 7" Maksutov, on the Celestron mount that had stars disappear from it's database as the earth turned, and they drifted into the anomoly. Next is Travis' trailer, always a favorite. His red jeep parked to the far left. He and Kaleb would work-out under that tree, lifting weights and such. Next is a ranch shed, and then two Prometheus crew trailers. Then a veiw directly west from the helipad, looking directly at the triangle area. Finally a late night shot that I processed heavily in Photoshop, you can see the telescopes set up, with what looks like an interview going-on in the bright lights in the distance. The Command Center is to the right.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 51
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
There are several crew shooting with shoulder rigs at all times. The action shots, rockets, lasers, etc., are all just documentary style. One take. The conversation is real, not scripted. Sometimes they may ask the talent for another take, exactly what they just said, if there was a problem getting it first try, or bad sound or lighting. But a lot fewer retakes than I expected. There is a lot of B roll stuff they shoot when not doing experiments. Interviews, meetings, data reviews, etc.
That is great info! I get it!

A few to start with. The largest scope I took to the ranch, a 7" Maksutov, on the Celestron mount that had stars disappear from it's database as the earth turned, and they drifted into the anomoly. Next is Travis' trailer, always a favorite. His red jeep parked to the far left. He and Kaleb would work-out under that tree, lifting weights and such. Next is a ranch shed, and then two Prometheus crew trailers. Then a veiw directly west from the helipad, looking directly at the triangle area. Finally a late night shot that I processed heavily in Photoshop, you can see the telescopes set up, with what looks like an interview going-on in the bright lights in the distance. The Command Center is to the right.
ohhhh I loooove this !

Thank you for moving this thread,Cowboy !

I gotta go watch some more episodes and come up with some questions,if that is ok with you,GW? Don't want to be a bother but it's fascinating. Having been behind the camera for 40 plus years, I love to hear about your experiences.

What size filming crew do you have with you? Are the camera guys documentary operators? They manage to catch the intensity quite well. Although Travis is pretty intense all the time. Cracks me up when he starts talking about" shootin rockets". Fun stuff! It should be fun. It's an adventure .