Facebook Face recognition

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Introducing Face Recognition For More Features
Hi Debi, we’re always working to make Facebook better, so we're adding more ways to use face recognition besides just suggesting tags. For example, face recognition technology can do things like:

• Find photos you're in but haven't been tagged
• Help protect you from strangers using your photo
• Tell people with visual impairments who's in your photo or video

You control face recognition. This setting is off, but you can turn it on any time, which applies to features we may add later.

-The Facebook Team

______

In case you missed it, check your settings and be sure this feature is turned OFF. And get out the electrical tape and cover that camera!

You control face recognition. This setting is off, but you can turn it on any time, which applies to features we may add later.

-The Facebook Team

______

In case you missed it, check your settings and be sure this feature is turned OFF. And get out the electrical tape and cover that camera!

I don't believe this "you control it" statement..... not long ago a friend of a friend, (not on my friends list but on a friend of mine), posted a pic that had me and quite a few others in it, no one was tagged and no names were actually mentioned, but I received a notification from facebook that a pic of me had been posted on someone elses timeline.
and I don't have this feature activated but it still picked me out and "recognized" who I was......really eerie.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
I don't believe this "you control it" statement..... not long ago a friend of a friend, (not on my friends list but on a friend of mine), posted a pic that had me and quite a few others in it, no one was tagged and no names were actually mentioned, but I received a notification from facebook that a pic of me had been posted on someone elses timeline.
and I don't have this feature activated but it still picked me out and "recognized" who I was......really eerie.
Electrical tape over camera on device. First thing my son (who has his Masters in Computer Science and works as a very high level IT director at a huge company) did when I got my first laptop. I have always covered that camera.

Reactions: 7Critter
Electrical tape over camera on device. First thing my son (who has his Masters in Computer Science and works as a very high level IT director at a huge company) did when I got my first laptop. I have always covered that camera.
I don't really worry about being watched, it recognized me through the many pictures on my facebook page, just weird how it cross references from someone im not even friends with and picks it out.....A. I . at its finest......

Reactions: Debi and 7Critter
Thought you were safe because you didn't have an account? HA! Think again!

Facebook keep creepy secret files on every internet user | Daily Mail Online

Facebook keeps creepy secret files on the intimate habits of internet users even if they DON'T have an account: Here's how to see yours
  • Facebook routinely gathers data from its 1.4 billion daily active users worldwide
  • It also uses tracking devices that follow a user's internet activity via third-parties
  • Even if you have never entered the Facebook domain, the company can track you
  • Facebook account holders are able to download a copy of the file kept on them
  • The privacy of users tracked via-third parties is currently less transparent