Empaths

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
16602836_1435130736506454_2405885301947920774_n.jpg

An Educated Empath Is a Sociopath’s Worst Nightmare

I want to debunk the misconception that sociopaths and narcissists are smarter than empaths. To many people’s surprise, empaths are absolutely intellectually superior to sociopaths and narcissists. Empaths are grounded in reality, capable of abstract thought, and they are creative.

Narcissists and sociopaths lack all three of these traits. Empaths have the intellect and the creativity to manipulate and even exploit the narcissist 1000 times worse than they could ever imagine. Just because targets don’t exploit does not mean they can’t, or that they couldn’t, do an even better job than the sociopath.

Empaths don’t exploit narcissists or sociopaths because we have morals and values. And moreover, empaths are not in the business of hurting people.

I certainly don’t want targets to abuse their abuser, but I do want to encourage targets to start engaging in self-protection by utilizing their creativity to come up with nonviolent strategies to counter manipulate narcissists into staying away from them. Counter manipulation is used by targets to STOP the abuser from manipulating them. This is not something to feel guilty about, but it is in fact a very healthy behaviour called self-care.

If you are a target, please remember, you are smarter than the narcissist, because you are grounded in reality, and that in itself is a huge intellectual advantage.

I personally pity the fool who tries to mess with an enlightened empath full of self-knowledge!

I saw this earlier. Yes, I know for a fact it's true. Works on narcissists too. Of course, a psychiatrist or therapist would not agree because they think based on science and statistics, not innate abilities like being an empath. No such thing to them, hence the sociopath and narcissists will always win out. My apologies to these people, I appreciate the help they do offer, but wish they would think outside the box sometimes.

I personally pity the fool who tries to mess with an enlightened empath full of self-knowledge!
Amen sister. Can detect manipulation and lies before they're even done with their first sentence of their attempt. Also, can feel when they are about to try 'strike' with whatever disgusting plan or fallacy they have planned.

Oh, and as I told Armand one night, we can see and feel through words typed or hand written. Over the phone, in a text, in person. We are there. Strangely it's easier for me to 'feel' negativity quicker. To be fair, compassion comes quickly to me as well. It can be difficult to deal with if you, yourself are going through some emotional turmoil, and then get someone else's coming into your mind too. I have had to just hold off and walk away from people if I can't handle all of their energy and mine at once. I need to clear my head and then take it on.

If someone does share something with me and I can feel their hurt and pain, I will help if they want my assistance, and problem solve. If I can put a little closure to the situation, or even dull it to a small issue, I feel that I have helped. I really go into a funk when I can't think of anything or nothing I try is helping the person. This would be most empath's general reaction to such a situation. Do have happy and excited feelings to experience too. I don't want to make it seem it's all morose and sad. It is equally good. Reactions to each are vastly different.

All that said, I mostly consider it a gift because it can really help other people, however for an anxious person like me it can be overwhelming and I just have to leave the situation. Usually when it's a crowded room. Get depleted and fight or flight..i be a flyer lol Some good things we get to experience...brand new babies, a friend who worked hard for something and finally achieving it, a grandma's love for all of her family in her home, a dad's unconditional love and acceptance even if you've screwed up so bad you think at the time you will just go home and never leave the house again lol. Couples in love, a pet's adoration. Yes, we can read animals too. I should say some of us.

Many have to learn to shield some things because they just get drained dealing with certain situations. This can be pretty tricky for some empaths. If unable to shut out a big crowd, for example, you can borrow a friend or family member's 'bubble' and find relief from the chaos there. It is obviously better if you have permission, or if it's just known it happens. Example, I climb in my best friend's bubble in big shopping stores. She is aware so I don't have to ask. Safe people. However, I'd say many can just make their own 'bubbles'. Then there are some who do both and choose accordingly.

Oh, one aspect of being an empath is the ability to sense danger. You get the upper hand in seeing it coming and being prepared. You also know if it's just better to get the heck out of where you are and avoid it altogether. So, yes, that is my little overview about this ability/trait. Some just do not deal with it because it is too draining and anxiety provoking, others embrace it and love to help people in any way possible, and doing so with the help of being able to feel their emotions and have an inner knowing as to how to deal with them. Oh, and it is quite possible to find out you have this ability at any age, it could just be sitting there dormant. Give it a try, it may take many attempts but if it's it's stored in your being, it will come out if coaxed properly and frequently. I liken it to small children who experience something that causes trauma or fright. It's blocked out of their mind to protect themselves. Your soul will know when you are ready to open it back up. So I will ask this, anybody out there who is or thinks they might be an empath? Would love to see the differences in how it works for each individual.

I hope I didn't bore everyone, I thought someone who experiences this thing we call being an empath, might be able to explain it better and hopefully allow people to understand a little bit of what it is like.

Love, peace, and light to all :)

You wouldn't be pointing at a certain Owl now, would ya? ;) (Although I am guilty as charged...:oops:)

If he isn't, I will lol Care and rest for yourself only helps you serve others better. This is why we enjoy seeing you say you are going to take a nap!! But we all appreciate you and your help and advice so very much. Thank you my dear owl friend.

I have perhaps 5 percent empath sensitivities, but I don't believe empaths support all of those, especially #2.
Care to share that five percent you do have. Also, how did you come up with this percentage. Is there some test I don't know about lol

Reactions: Debi
Care to share that five percent you do have. Also, how did you come up with this percentage. Is there some test I don't know about lol
Debbie and I posted an " are you an empath " article a good while ago ( Aug / Sep 2015 ?) . I found the article, Debi posted. I said yes to maybe two out of the 30 questions. You won't need to take the test. I give you a 30 out of 30. :). When I am back on my desktop, I will search for the posting.

Reactions: Mokey