Two moths in our house before Ancestor's Day.

Roffin

Reaction score
There was a bigger moth earlier on but it moved away once my phone got near it. Later on in the day, a smaller one appeared and I took a photo of it. Could it be because the Chinese Ancestor's Day/Qing Ming is coming soon? ;) Our house used to get a visit from one moth days before during Qing Ming every year some time ago and then it stopped and then resumed. (In the future if anything interesting happens when Qing Ming is approaching,I'll try to photograph it and bump this thread)

Moth.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Roffin, we haven't seen you around lately, welcome back. I can't remember what country or state you are located in? Moths are pretty common in the US so I haven't given them much thought. I am not familiar with the custom surrounding them. I hope it's a good thing.

Hi Roffin, we haven't seen you around lately, welcome back. I can't remember what country or state you are located in? Moths are pretty common in the US so I haven't given them much thought. I am not familiar with the custom surrounding them. I hope it's a good thing.
Hi Lynne, I'm located in Malaysia.
"In China, strong meanings are attached to moths. When a moth reveals itself to you, it is taboo to kill them as they are believed to convey a message from loved ones who are dead. In April, during Qingming Festival (a festival that honors one’s ancestors), moths cannot be disturbed. Doing this can push away the angel of your dead loved ones."

How funny that a big one and a small one show up yesterday. :D;ss

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Hi Lynne, I'm located in Malaysia.
"In China, strong meanings are attached to moths. When a moth reveals itself to you, it is taboo to kill them as they are believed to convey a message from loved ones who are dead. In April, during Qingming Festival (a festival that honors one’s ancestors), moths cannot be disturbed. Doing this can push away the angel of your dead loved ones."

How funny that a big one and a small one show up yesterday. :D;ss
Thank you for teaching me something about your customs. I believe that our loved ones can send messages. Hope to see you around more often.

Reactions: Selectric