Conjuring 2

GoneWestUtah

Currently Active on planet Earth
Reaction score
We saw this in the theater. An obvious Hollywood embellishment, but who cares.

I had forgotten much, so it was a nice movie night refresher.

I really like that the movie was also a celebration of the love and lives of the Warrens. We owe them much.

4.5 out of 5 stars, mostly for just telling a good, scary story.

Last edited:
More like a drama and made for TV, and more accurate, don't forget "The Enfield Haunting".

fv5e0f60fd.png

There were a few things added to Conjuring 2 that was pure Hollywood.
I agree to some comments on link, there was no ghostly Nun, i can't comment on Janet levitating, being a junior, i wasn't there all the time, so didn't see that happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
You're right. Much of the first part of the movie were things that actually happened at the Enfield poltergiest event in London in the late 1970s. But the end of the film was strictly conjured up by the movie makers. There was a picture taken of the girl in the air over her bed, but she could have just been jumping up off the mattress.
If the levitation event really happened, I think the witnesses could tell the difference between a jump and a supported lift. I don't know enough about the event to comment on how many witnesses saw this, but our above member could probably tell you.

We saw this in the theater. An obvious Hollywood embellishment, but who cares.

I had forgotten much, so it was a nice movie night refresher.

I really like that the movie was also a celebration of the love and lives of the Warrens. We owe them much.

4.5 out of 5 stars, mostly for just telling a good, scary story.
I enjoyed the first one better. It still can scare me pretty well!

Reactions: Lynne
My son loves these movies, not just the Conjuring films but the whole Conjuring Cinematic Universe with the Annabelle and Nun spinoffs. Yeah they are Hollywood fiction that strays from the actual events quite a bit, but they are made by people who really love this genre of film and that makes them more fun to watch.