BBC podcast and TV show - uncanny!

RoseRed

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I saw a show last week on the BBC, called Uncanny. It's a series written by Danny Robins and it investigates the ghostly experiences of ordinary Brits. It features guests Kieran O'Keeffe and Evelyn Hollow as respective sceptic and believer and offers a sensible, balanced assessment of each case.

I discovered that, although this has only just reached the TV screens, it has in fact been a podcast for a while - they're on series 3 already! Needless to say, I have binged...

Here's a link for those interested!

I saw a show last week on the BBC, called Uncanny. It's a series written by Danny Robins and it investigates the ghostly experiences of ordinary Brits. It features guests Kieran O'Keeffe and Evelyn Hollow as respective sceptic and believer and offers a sensible, balanced assessment of each case.

I discovered that, although this has only just reached the TV screens, it has in fact been a podcast for a while - they're on series 3 already! Needless to say, I have binged...

Here's a link for those interested!

BBC podcasts are some the best I've ever heard, regardless of the topic. Very professional with outstanding production.

BBC podcasts are some the best I've ever heard, regardless of the topic. Very professional with outstanding production.
If you're able to listen to these over there, please do!

I'm fed up with all the cookie cutter ghost hunting shows where "scenes are included for entertainment purposes only" and everyone just sits around with night vision goggles saying they feel sick/cold/faint/dizzy etc....Then the producers throw a pebble or something off camera and everyone reacts to it as if it were unexpected, and starts screaming and claiming it's a demon. Next thing you know, they're in the cellar and there's a pentagram on the floor and they discover the basement is a portal to hell... :rolleyes:

Uncanny is an understated, calm antedote to all of those types of shows (in my view) :D

• Big Grin
  • Haha
Reactions: Paintman and Duke
If you're able to listen to these over there, please do!

I'm fed up with all the cookie cutter ghost hunting shows where "scenes are included for entertainment purposes only" and everyone just sits around with night vision goggles saying they feel sick/cold/faint/dizzy etc....Then the producers throw a pebble or something off camera and everyone reacts to it as if it were unexpected, and starts screaming and claiming it's a demon. Next thing you know, they're in the cellar and there's a pentagram on the floor and they discover the basement is a portal to hell... :rolleyes:

Uncanny is an understated, calm antedote to all of those types of shows (in my view) :D
I'll give it a listen. I saw a couple shows that peaked my interest, so I'll start with those.

Reactions: RoseRed